Saturday, September 22, 2012

It goes...

I haven't been posting much because there hasn't been a lot going on.

I just finished my second week of school.  The students and teachers are really friendly and helpful.  I've had to take a few tests, and if I don't understand a test, they'll let me take it home to do it for homework.

On Wednesday, Arthur hurt his back so we didn't go to Judo, and on Thursday, he got sick and lost his voice.  So were mostly just hanging out, and watching Les Simpson on TV.  I don't mind because school can be exhausting so relaxing at home is nice.


I bought new clothes on Thursday, and clothes are definitely more expensive in Europe than in the U.S.  40€ ($51.96) isn't terrible for a pair of jeans, but later my host-mom told me she likes JBC because it's the cheaper store.

Last night we went out to buy new shoes because I only came with one pair.  I got a nice pair of Vans. Then we came home, drank wine, and watched Scary Movie (in French of course).


One scary story is that I lost my ATM card for a while.  In America, I'm used to getting my card back as soon as I enter my pin.  Then the last thing I do is grab my receipt before I drive off.  But at the CBC Bank ATM I've been using here, you get your card back after taking your receipt.  Thankfully I'm not the first person to leave their card in the ATM, so the bank still had it a couple days after I left it.

(That's me^^^)

This morning I have to go register with the city hall to confirm that I'll be here for ten more months.  Wish me luck!  I'm having a great time but I miss you guys a lot.

Keaton

No comments:

Post a Comment