Saturday, September 29, 2012

Overcoming Sickness

Hey guys, still not a lot to talk about.  We had our first break from school this year, with no school on Thursday and Friday.  I woke up pretty sick on Tuesday so I ended up only going to school Monday.  So the past week mostly consisted of sleeping in till noon, watching movies, and playing Playstation 3 with Arthur and his friend Norman.

I wasn't too sick by yesterday so I went out with my host-mom, Arthur, and Arthur's friend Charlotte.  We went downtown to the bar for a beer, and then Arthur, Charlotte and I walked around town handing out fliers for the Ms. Luxembourg beauty pageant.  My host-mom's niece Victoria is in the pageant.






I also went to the McDonald's in Marche-en-Famenne.  It's very deluxe compared to what we have in America!  There is one huge drawback, though.  When I ordered a McFlurry, I looked at the menu and realized that I couldn't add Oreos.  Then I found out my host family had never heard of Oreos, even when I showed them a picture.  It's going to be a long year, but I think I can hold through.


We also watched two movies in French, Chicken Little and Bruce Almighty.  So far every movie I've seen in Belgium has been dubbed from English.



Arthur has a tutor who happens to speak English, so he is going to be helping me too from now on.  Today was my first day with him, he mostly just helped me with the French language in general, helping me to pronounce and read vocabulary.

- - - - - - - - - -

I have to say, my host family is very nice, but it almost seems like there's nothing for me to do but sit on my computer, watch movies, and play video games.  I have been sick part of the time, but even still.  I'm getting a little bored, so at least I have an AFS party next weekend.  I have to cook an American meal and bring it for dinner, and I'll let you know how that goes.  À bientôt...

Keaton

No comments:

Post a Comment