Tuesday, October 23, 2012

David Guetta!

Last Saturday, I took the train to Liège for a David Guetta concert.  For old people who have never heard of David Guetta, he's a famous French DJ, but really popular in the US too.



I went with other exchange students.  I actually didn't know any of them before I went, but I knew of them through other exchange students.

When I got to Liège, I met up with the three other guys I was supposed to share a hostel with, one American, Caleb, and two Canadian, Will and Evan (with apologies to all Canadians who consider themselves Americans).

I can cross "all night concert" off my bucket list now!  It started at 8 PM and ended at 5 AM.  They failed to mention, however, that David Guetta would only be there from midnight to 2.  No problem, though, it was still a lot of fun!

When we first got there, the opening DJ was a friend of the other American's host sister.  Small world in Belgium.

I left the concert with Caleb, Will, and Evan at around 4 AM to walk to our hostel.  Caleb had booked a room for us, so we thought we were all covered.  It turned out that the hostel was completely booked, and we never exactly understood why.  Maybe Caleb accidentally booked it for the next night.  But they let us sleep on the wood floor, and I had some clothes to use for a pillow so it wasn't too bad.

A lady told us we had to get up at about 7:30 AM, but said we could sleep on the couches in the side hallway.  You can imagine how happy we were when it turned out that there were couches available the whole time.  It was a pretty laughable situation though.  We decided to go to the train station a head home.



Yesterday, my English teacher told our class we would be watching a surprise movie in English the next day.  It  turned out to be Mrs. Doubtfire!  I forgot how funny that movie is, and my English teacher was happy that I knew the film.  I told him that my mom used to complain my siblings and I should be better behaved, "like those kids in Mrs. Doubtfire."


Tomorrow, my school is going to see Moonrise Kingdom at the movie theater, and then I have the next week off of school.  Stuff to look forward to!

Bonne nuit,
Keaton

No comments:

Post a Comment