Monday, November 5, 2012

Namur

I went to Namur both Saturday and Sunday last weekend.  Saturday was a get-together with AFS exchange students organized my American friend Emma.  We all met at the train station and walked to a Tex-Mex restaurant.  The food was very Tex-Mexian, but best of all, there was a Michigan license plate on the wall.


After that we walked around the city for a while while some people shopped and others just tagged along.


People started to complain that it was too cold outside, so we all went to a bar to warm up.  They took us to a bar with a cave-like basement, and lucky for us, it happened to be empty.  There were about twenty of us.  We had to go down a very narrow staircase to get to the basement, and the top of the staircase was located in the middle of the first floor.  One of my friends fell down the stairs - it was very funny (and that was before anyone had ordered a drink!).



We stayed down in the cave until people started heading home one by one.  When there were about five of us left and a group of other people came downstairs, we headed out too.  We had some time to spare before we caught out trains so we went to a Belgian-style fast food stand.  I ordered a cheeseburger with fries, and when they gave me my food, all I had was a huge paper cup of fries.  I tried to explain that I ordered a cheeseburger too, and the guy kept telling me he already gave it to me.  I thought I had been ripped off, until I looked and realized that my cheeseburger was inside the huge pile of fries.



On Sunday, I went back to Namur, but this was for an event planned by AFS for the Namur Chapter (which I am in).  We started off going to a museum of music, which was really bizarre.  Our tour guide would lead us into different rooms and have us make music with what seemed like a bunch of African style instruments.

Next we went to a cave.  It was some cave found in 1904 by a bunch of workers. I think it was the only cave I've been to other than Mammoth Cave.




After the cave, we went down to the bridge for a while, and some of us ate at a restaurant.  



Finally, we took the train back to the main station.  It was a great vacation!  As for today, school was terrible and my next vacation is in 7 weeks.  Wish me luck!

À plus tard
Keaton

No comments:

Post a Comment