Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012


Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, I'm feeling a little homesick.  I'm going to miss going to Aunt Vicki's with the whole family, eating pie, and walking down to Lake Michigan in our coats.  Of course I can never resist taking a dip too.  Going abroad helps you to realize what your true values are.  Normally, my parents would have to pull me out of bed and tell me over and over again to get ready to leave.  Now I'd give just about anything to be there for that one meal.

Maybe I'll even set my alarm for 3 the next morning and pretend that I'm going Black Friday shopping.

This past Friday was my American friend Nicole's birthday. She invited me and our Kiwi friend Cameron to a party with her Scouts.  It was supposed to be a sleep over, but her mom came and took us to Nicole's house around 3 AM so we could sleep more comfortably.  After that, I was exhausted from the long week so I just rested for the remainder of the weekend.

I have more birthday parties this Friday and Saturday, and thankfully I just found out I have a mini vacation next week with no school Monday and Tuesday.

See ya next week
Keaton

No comments:

Post a Comment