Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Neige


Snow has fallen in Belgium!  It has melted too, but it looks like we'll get more on Christmas.

Exams started last week Thursday, so I've been doing a fair amount of studying lately.  Religion was Thursday, history Friday, math Monday, English Tuesday, and French today.  That leaves me with science Friday, geography Monday, followed by three weeks of freedom!

So far I'm pretty sure I passed all my exams except for math, but this year doesn't count for anything in the U.S. anyways.  Everyone in my English class had to take both a written exam and an oral exam, and my English teacher asked me to sit with him and help while the students gave their oral exams.  He's a good guy and apparently I've helped him learn a lot too.  Surprisingly he even asked me to meet up with him over Christmas break, making him an exception to the stereotype that teachers in Europe are a lot less personal.

My host family isn't religious, but I missed going to church during Advent so I went by myself to mass at the local church.  It seemed pretty much the same as Catholic mass in America other than the fact that there was no kneeling.

Between Christmas and New Years, I'm hoping to spend a few nights at my friend Jonas' house in Germany, close to Cologne. I'm not exactly sure if it will work, being it takes a lot more documentation and contacting than it should, but I'm really hoping I can pull it off.

Also today, I met up with friends in Namur after my French exam and bought my first Christmas sweater!

Until later,
Keaton


No comments:

Post a Comment