Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Saint Nicolas

Even though Saint Nicolas day is December 6, I'm guessing we celebrated it at school today because Wednesdays are half days.  Half way through the last hour on Saint Nicolas day, the students in sixième (the seniors) come to the younger classes to terrorize the younger kids, sort of like what seniors do in America at the end of the school year.  Technically I'm the same age as the sixième students, but they put me in a younger class.

So half-way through French class, there was a knock on the door and about seven seniors ran in wearing costumes to begin the fun.  They started by making some kids eat marshmallows covered with mustard.  Then some kids had to drink something that looked like Coke, but by the looks of their faces, I'm going to assume that it wasn't.  Next some students were forced to bite into chocolate covered apples (onions).

After all that fun, another senior ran in the room with a jar of hair gel and everyone got gelled.  Next they brought in a can of red hair spray, which I was lucky enough to get!

Then I got called up to eat an entire jar of pudding using only your mouth in one bite.  I did it!  Then I got to follow that up with a marshmallow dipped in hot sauce.  And last but not least, my friend and I got to use our cheeks to clean the chalkboard.

If you're wondering what happened to the teacher, she was just standing in the corner laughing.

I talked to another friend after school who told me it was a lot more restricted this year, and that last year was a lot better.  The seniors surrounded everyone outside in a park and did things like smear Nutella into peoples' hair and onto their faces.

After school I walked outside and there were about thirty seniors blasting and dancing to Gangnam Style.

I'm not sure if I should be proud of all this, but hey, anything other than a regular day of school is something to be happy about.  I actually might change classes into sixième after Christmas.  It's too bad I couldn't have done it already because I could've joined in on the recklessness too.  At least I still have senior year next year.

I'm going to take a shower now.



No comments:

Post a Comment